Wiring & Rewiring Services in Sussex
Our typical wiring and rewiring services include:
- Complete and partial rewiring
- New build wiring
- Sockets and Switches (new or additional)
- Phone/internet wiring and sockets
- Smoke alarms
- Fuseboard repairs
- Fusebox replacements
- Fused spurs
Rewiring Your Home
Rewiring your home can seem daunting for customers, but Overbecks Electrical Services are highly experienced and complete many each year. They will cause minimal disruption and damage to decoration, and will ensure your home is electronically safe.
There are several signs to look out for that indicate the age of your electrical system and whether your property needs rewiring:
- Cables coated in black rubber. Black rubber was phased out in the 1960’s, with cables coated in lead or fabric being even older. Modern cables use PVC insulation.
- A fusebox with a wooden back, cast iron switches, a haphazard mixture of circuit boxes.
- Older round pin sockets and round light switches, braided flex hanging from ceiling roses to light fittings, black switches, sockets mounted in skirting boards.
- Wall mounted light switches in bathrooms
If any of these features are present in your house, your wiring system is probably several decades old. Safety in your home is vital and we strongly recommend that houses are inspected every ten years.
Safety in your home is vital and we strongly recommend that houses are inspected every ten years.
We also provide an extensive range of commercial wiring and rewiring services to businesses in the local area.