Electrical Services for Landlords and Letting Agents

We can carry out any of our works on behalf of landlords and letting agents, either directly or through an agency. We also work for freeholders and management companies in East Sussex. We will liaise with the landlord or agency regarding the works, and, if required, with the tenant regarding access to the property. We provide landlord electrical safety services in and around Lewes, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Scaynes Hill, Ditchling, Maresfield, Uckfield, Ringmer, Seaford and throughout Sussex.

Electrical Services for Landlords and Letting AgentsOverbecks Electrical Services work with landlords and letting agents to provide installation and maintenance services for fire alarms, CCTV, intruder alarms, electric gates and door entry systems, for your home, office, business premises  holiday home.

Below are some of the electrical services we can offer to help landlords:

  • Shared areas – lighting & power, entry systems, alarms, emergency lighting, exterior and car park lights.
  • Management companies- test & inspection, repairs & renewals, lightbulb replacement, planned maintenance.
  • HMOs – we understand the issues of working in both tenanted and shared spaces.
  • Tenanted homes- domestic electrical services. One of our most frequent landlord requests is for ventilation fans, particularly condensation fans which run continually in the background.

I’m a landlord. Why do I need an electrical safety report (PIR/EICR)?

As a landlord, it is important to ensure that all electrical appliances and fittings within the property you rent out are safe.

Unlike Gas Safe regulations, there is no legislation that demands you must have a landlord electrical safety certificate. That said, should any electrical fittings or appliances within your rental property cause actual harm to a tenant and you had failed to maintain and report on the condition of the electrical installation, you could be held liable.

Most estate agents will require documentary evidence of testing before they can rent your property. An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR formerly a PIR) is the evidence you will require. These reports do exactly as the title says, they are an easy to understand and accurate way to document the condition of a electrical installation.

We also offer a full range of domestic electrical services and commercial electrical services across East and West Sussex.